In part two of the analysis lab we are asked to create a corridor that model the potential movement of black bears between two protected areas.
The extent environment should first be modified to align with the elevation or land cover layer.
Running Euclidean tool on the road layer and reclassifying the raster layer based on the distance from roads. The further the distance from the road the higher the suitability value. Distance from the roads greater than 500 meter is given the value of 10 while values lower than 100 meter is classified as value 1, and values between 100-500 m are given the value of 5.
Reclassified Elevation layer based on suitability value. Elevation between 1200-3000m is considered the most suitable, it is given the number 10.
Land Cover are reclassified based on suitability values, landcover I, 2, and 4 are classified as value 10
Runing the Weighted Overlay tool to integrate the three criteria, assigning weights of 60% to land cover, 20% to elevation, and 20% to distance from roads, thereby generating the suitability model surface.
To develop a cost surface, I inverted the suitability model surface layer utilizing the reclassify tool. In this context, a higher suitability value corresponds to a lower cost, while a lower suitability value indicates a higher cost.
Following this, I executed the Cost Distance tool for the Coronado 1 shapefile and repeated the process for the Coronado 2 shapefile.
I applied the Corridor tool using the two cost distance surfaces. The corridor raster represents cells that hold values indicating the total travel cost between the source and destination points in both directions.
Finally, I assigned an appropriate symbology to the newly created layer.
No comments:
Post a Comment